A guide on how to survive in anarchy servers. Most of this stuff will be aligned towards 2b2t, but it should work for other anarchy servers too. (Note: I say 2b2t a lot in the guide, but its the same principle except if it says "2b2t only")
Consider this as an updated version of http://www.jamesrustles.com/2015/10/2b2t-survival-guide.html, which is from 2015 and therefore the joining part is outdated, but its useful for the majority. Just remember to not log out to search for recipes, as you may have to rewait for hours before joining again. (2b2t only)
Major Change: Queues Edit
A major change from the 2015 guide is the queue system. Players are forced to wait 1-2 hours before they join, and the max waiting time for today is near 3 hours (queue of 160), and the min waiting time is 45min - 1 hour (queue of 60). This means that going afk or logging out to figure out how to craft or to switch to a different client is a bad thing to do if you want to preserve your position. So before you join, try to survive in a singleplayer world, because it helps you learn a lot.
NOTE: Players who joined before Jun 1, 2016 (the hatred day for many 2b2ters that joined before) get priority status in 2b2t.
This doesn't apply for other anarchy servers, so you might as well logout.
Even before clicking the "Join Server" button, ask yourself this:
- Am I ok with waiting hours in a queue? (2b2t only)
- Am I willing to spend countless hours just to avoid spawn killers?
- Am I willing to have hours of my work destoryed against my will?
- Am I willing to withstand the consistant offensive structures that others build?
If any of these apply to you, you might as well just give up 2b2t. 2b2t is for anarchists, a place where people backstab each other over and over again...
The next step is to get a hacked client. If you can't banned for anything in 2b2t, and almost everyone uses one, why shouldn't you? I recommand Impact beacuse it is used commonly, but clients like Aristois or Wurst could work too.
NOTE: It is important to remember that 2b2t, 9b9t, anarchy.pw, and most anarchy servers have NoCheatPlus to prevent powerful hacks. Render mods, mods like AntiKnockback or NoSlowdown and most auras will still work. If you are not sure, test them on NCP test servers like b0at.xyz.
NOTE 2: Because 9b9t lacks ProtocolLib, hacks like NoFall are possible there (currently).
Next, make sure you have time. Yes, if you aren't playing on 2b2t there's no queue, but still, it can take a LONG time to escape spawn.
Without further ado, lets step into the server...
Escaping Spawn Edit
The first thing you realize in anarchy servers is... The spawn is messed up (except for anarchy.pw).
Why? The reason is pretty obvious. Since there are no rules and the map doesn't get reset, people are obviously going to destory spawn!
There a couple of ways people do it:
- Using TNT to bomb spawn and destroy a large part of it
- Spawning tons of withers to destroy lots of terrain
- Setting off tons of creeper explosions over spawn
This is why the first step to surviving in an anarchy server is to escape spawn. Not only do you have to get over the withers, you also have to get over the enchanted diamond armor guys that try to kill you. Since they also have ESP hacks, there's no hiding.
Escaping spawn could take anywhere from 1 try to hundreds of tries. The average guy (assuming you have hacks) has try several dozen times, dying from hunger, hostile mobs and players, fall damage, lava, etc. This is why playing 2b2t takes a LOT of time.
How to Base Edit
General Tips Edit
Besides the tips in http://www.jamesrustles.com/2015/10/2b2t-survival-guide.html, here are a couple more:
1. Don't bother with the chat. If someone flames you, just do /ignore. If there's something at chat you would rather not hear, just do /togglechat. Similarly, don't believe anything you hear in chat, unless it is confirmed by an external source. This means not clicking on any link and not downloading anything posted in chat (especially shady clients).
2. Don't ask stupid questions. For example, asking "wanna base???" or "how do u join team veteran" (Note: Its a 2b2t "team") shows that your are pretty much a noob. Most people know that basing usually ends up in winner take all and the worst way to join a "team" is by asking in chat or asking how to craft their banner. If you keep asking, people will most likely target you.
3. Don't sprint and avoid jumping, unless you are being chased. Since not sprinting or jumping stops hunger reduction (unless you're mining or placing), it is better to save the hunger so you can travel further. They only time you sprint is if you are under attack.
4. Don't fall for traps. While the pressure plate trap might not get you because you have XRay, trolls like to trap people by placing beds and then pouring lava and obsidian all over it, make trapped nether portals, etc. So if something looks too good, don't go for it. If you find a bed, break it and place it further away. If you find a portal and you are well geared, don't go in it.
5. Use Everything. Got bones? Turn it into bonemeal. Got rotten flesh and low health? Eat it. When you get an item, think of all their uses before throwing them out.
6. Expect to be alone. Never trust ANYONE from the server. If the only time you meet him is at anarchy server(s), then don't trust him. Even if they give you food and say it real nicely - "wanna base? we'll be OP bro" - don't bother with it. Even if he is helpful to you at the beginning, as you advance on you will see that you don't need him anymore, and eventually one of you is going to sabotage the other.
(Also look at the FAQ at http://www.jamesrustles.com/2015/10/2b2t-survival-guide.html)
Q: I followed all the instructions for creating a safe base and I got griefed!!! WTF?!?!?
A: Even if you do everything perfectly, there will always be chance that you get griefed. The chances of being griefed decrease as you move further out from spawn (assuming you didn't build near guessable coordinates), but its never 0. If you get griefed repeatedly, make sure your client is well known and not some random client in a youtube video. If your client is "shady", chances are it is secretly sending coordinates to a secret server (it has happened before). Otherwise, just deal with it and build further out.
Q: How do I dupe?
Q: If there's anticheat, why are some people speed hacking so fast?
Q: Where are all the strongholds? I want to go to the End and get an elytra!!
Q: What is the fastest way to get to the world border?
Q: How do people get "map art"?
Q: How do people get glitched slabs and custom player heads?
Q: Why is 2b2t so full compared to other anarchy servers?